Monday, September 28, 2009

C is for CUPCAKES and CICELY........


Last week I made Pumpkin Spice Bars and took them to work to so they are not sitting around my house tempting me SHARE!!! My co-worker Cicely told me she did not like pumpkin but she would give them a try! She was still sure after trying them that she did not like pumpkin or my bars!!! However, she did like the cream cheese frosting!! She asked me if I could make a yellow cake mix with cream cheese icing!!! So, I tried out a new recipe that I found for Homemade Yellow Cake Mix this weekend.

The cake was good but not great!!! The girls and Michael both said it was delicious. I was hoping it would be a little more moist. Again, it was good but will probably not make it again. There is another recipe I would like to try that I think will be more moist.

The cream cheese icing I used for this recipe is not the same one listed on my blog for the Pumpkin Spice Bars. I took this recipe from my friend over at Lick The Bowl Good .


The technique I used for the "C" on the cupcake is the same one I used for "BU" on the sugar bears!!















Homemade Yellow Cake Mix


  • 3 cups all-purpose flour

  • 2 cups sugar

  • 1 tbsp baking powder

  • 1/2 cup non-fat dry milk

Combine flour,sugar,baking powder and non-fat dry milk. Store in airtight container or baggie. Keeps well in pantry.

Cake Mix Directions:

  • 1 recipe Homemade Yellow Cake Mix

  • 1 1/4 cups water

  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3 eggs
Place Homemade Yellow Cake Mix in a bowl. Add water, vanilla, butter and eggs. Combine with an electric mixer then beat two more minutes. Pour into a greased and floured cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees, using these baking times.

8" or  9" cake rounds - 25-30 minutes
13x9 pan 40-45 minutes
cupcakes - 15-20 minutes
tube/bundt pan - 45-50 minutes

_________________________________

Cream Cheese Frosting

  • 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
  • 3/4 c. powdered sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together til creamy and smooth. Use immediately or store in refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week

1 comment:

Monica H said...

I swear you're much nicer than I. You are too kind to make a special dessert for your co-worker.

I LOVE the C on the cupcakes- it makes them extra special. You're going to be queen of the monogram :-)

 
Blogging tips