Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies

Today my two best friends came into town from Waco to see me!! So, I wanted to make a sweet treat for us to enjoy and something for them to take home!! We had lunch at my favorite spot, CHUY'S, YUM -O. Then we went to see the movie "All About Steve" with Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper. It was very funny!

I knew we would be too full after eating to get any snacks at the movie theater but knew it would be just the right timing for a sweet treat when we got back to the house.

I saw a recipe on Bakerella's blog earlier this week and thought it would be a perfect treat!
Believe it or not I have never made Chocolate Ganache so I wanted to give it a shot! I know it is a super easy recipe but I am just hesitant on boiling stuff for baking. I don't know why I just think I am going to screw it up BUT I think it turned out great!!!!





My besties Missy & Kathy






What you will need for Chocolate Ganache


Lick the beaters?!?!?


Creaming cookie dough.......




Ready to bake.....


Pouring the ganache....


heavenly bliss....... best of both worlds ~ brownies and chocolate chip cookies!!

Printable Recipe
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
  • 1box Betty Crocker® Original Supreme brownie mix (with chocolate syrup pouch)
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® chocolate chip cookie mix
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 egg

1.Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray, or grease with shortening. Make brownie mix as directed on box, using oil, water and 2 eggs. Spread in pan.
2.Make cookie mix as directed on pouch, using butter and 1 egg. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie batter; press down lightly.
3.Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Frost with Chocolate Ganache. For brownies, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.


Chocolate Ganache

  • 12 oz semi sweet morsels
  • 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 6 Tbsp butter

In a small saucepan, heat cream and butter until just before the boiling stage.
Pour over the chocolate morsels.
Let stand about 20 seconds and stir until smooth.
Pour over brownies and let set before cutting.

3 comments:

Blasé said...

I would love to kiss Betty Crocker right smack-dab on the mouth!

Chocolate is actually very good for you, and tastes awesome too!

Monica H said...

These look so good! I love that they have ganache on top too!

I've never made ganache with butter before. I just heat some cream in the microwave til it's super hot but not boiling then pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for a few minutes then stir. that's it!

Amber said...

These are just what I was looking for when we have our bake sale next month! Thanks!

 
Blogging tips