Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Harvest Pumpkin Spice Bars

Fall is finally here at least for a few days anyway. So, in honor of the first day of fall I wanted to BAKE!!! I came across the recipe for the Pumpkin Spice Bars and knew immediately that is what I wanted to cook!!! I ate a little corner while it was still warm and it was DEEEEE-LLLLLLLIIIII-CCCCC-IIIIIOOOUUSSS!!!









Pumpkin Spice Bars
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups Granulated Sugar
  • 1 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 1 can (15oz) pumkin (NOT Pumpkin Pie Mix)
  • 2 cups Flour
  • 3 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup raisins (optional)

Cream Cheese Frosting
  • 1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3 tsp milk
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup walnuts, (optional)


Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease bottom and sides of 15x10x1 (I didn't have that size so I used my 9x13 and cooked it a little bit longer) with shortening. In large bowl, beat eggs,granulated sugar,oil and pumpkin until smooth with whire whisk. Stir in flour, baking powder,cinnamon,baking soda and salt. Stir in raisins. Spread in pan.

Bake 25 -30 minutes (longer if usinig 9x13) or until light brown. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 2 hours.

In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, on low speed until smooth and spreadable.  Spread frosting over bars. Sprinkle with walnuts.

Store in Refrigerator.


3 comments:

Matti said...

Hi Jennifer,

I just wanted to tell you how much Derick and I loved your pumpkin bars! He showed me the recipe this afternoon, and I was so excited to try them that we made them this evening. What a wonderful dessert; thank you so much for sharing! I love your blog and I'm sure we will be trying more of your recipes soon!

Matti

Monica H said...

Yum-o! I wish it was still cooler and harvest like outside. I'll have to make these when it gets cooler again!

Large Tuna said...

You did not include the amount of baking powder in the recipie, I guessed at 2 tsp, we'll see how it turns out :)

 
Blogging tips