Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sour Cream Muffins

So, I am trying to be the Super Mom that gets up every morning at the crack of dawn to make breakfast for her daughter before she sends her off to school. This morning I rolled out of bed at 5:00am6:18 still up in time to get these babies in the oven! I jumped rolled out of bed and headed to the kitchen. This recipe is so EASY so it wasn't going to take much time to mix it up and get it in the oven. I pulled them out of the oven at 7:15 with enough time to slap some butter on them and eat them up before jumping in the car and heading to school!

I even brought the leftover muffins to work to share with my co-workers. I am not sure they are going to like my new baking craze...



This is alll you need...........

This is the first time making these so I was a little worried about the thick dough. Most muffins I make the batter is not this thick...

I spooned in the dough filling to the top. I pressed them gently.

All done and they look ggggrrreeeaaattt!!!

and they were....the top was crumbly/flaky and the middle was nice and moist and oh sooo good. I put a little butter on my muffin and mmmmmmmmmm.... I am sure they would also be good with your favorite flavor of jam/jelly.

Sour Cream Muffins recipe courtesy of Paula Deen!

Printable Recipe
Sour Cream Muffins

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups self-rising flour
  • 2 sticks butter, melted
  • 1/2 pint sour cream

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine all ingredients and spoon into small, un-greased muffin tins. Bake30 minutes.

3 comments:

Monica H said...

Really that's it- 3 ingredients? Wow! No sugar? Were they sweet at all or are they savory? I'm curious. I should just go make them myself!

They look so good. And kudos to you for baking that early. I am so NOT a morning person.

Jennifer said...

They aren't sweet. They are good with just butter but would also be good with jam/jelly. I think they would even be good if you add a little cheese into the dough.

rachescakes said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Yes, please join me next month for my challenge. I'll be posting the new theme in a few minutes.

 
Blogging tips