Thursday, September 3, 2009

White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

I know that the first day of Fall is not until the 22nd of September BUT Fall is my favorite time of the year. It gives me an even batter excuse to bake, not that I need one! I love the changing colors of the leaves and the cooler weather....... and the smell of pumpkin bread, snickerdoodles, spice cake and banana bread baking in the oven and not to mention the smell of my favorite candle "mulled cider" by Tyler Candles!!!

I found myself in my kitchen. I opened the pantry door and saw 2 cans of canned pumpkin staring at me. I could not find Mimi's recipe that Makenzie LOVES so I pulled out second best, Paula Deen and whipped it up!!!

I tweaked her recipe a little by adding WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS, yum and not adding peacans/walnuts ~ two nuts I am not so nuts about.... :)

I only added 1/3 cup of white chocolate chips next time I might add 1/2 cup. After cooling and before wrapping up to store in the fridge I cut myself a slice and it was still warm.... YUM!!!





pumpkin batter with white chocolate chips

Sweet Caramel Sprinkle - This stuff is great! I have used it as a topping for vanilla ice-cream, cinnamon rolls made out of crescent rolls and on top of my banana bread and now my pumpkin bread!!

Sweet Caramel Sprinkle -
A sweet sensation that includes raw sugar, toffee and caramel bits, and almonds - Pampered Chef $6.50 for 5oz bottle.

ready for the oven
Cooling.... I am pretty sure I heard angels sing when I pulled this out of the oven!

Out of the pan and ready for me to EAT!!
White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
*Recipe makes 2 loaves*
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups canned pumpkin
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/3 - 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/2 chopped pecans or walnuts(optional, I did not use in this recipe)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two loaf pans. Mix sugar and oil with mixer. Add eggs and blend. Add pumpkin and blend. Add water and blend. Combine remaining ingredients and add slowly. Fill pans equally and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.


5 comments:

Monica H said...

I think angels are singing to me too as I speak! They're saying call in sick to work and stay home and make pumpkin bread. Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they said :-)

That sprinkle on top looks heavenly. Now I really want to come over and bake with you!

Jennifer said...

LOl, come on girl!! You have to get the sprinkle!! It is amazing and you cant put it on just about anything!! I have a friend that sells Pampered Chef I can give you her link to order and it will ship right to you!!!

sarah m said...

Ummm...your tagline couldn't BE more true!! You're killing me here!!!

Jonna said...

Jennifer,
Thanks for visiting and commenting so nicely on my baking blog:
http://getoffyourbuttandbake.blogspot.com

Your site also looks fabulous!
I will try several of your great recipes.
Thanks again,
Jonna

Puanani503 said...

oh wow..those cans of pumpkin are calling to me from the cupboards.Now I have something to bake..ehe..

 
Blogging tips