Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quick Raspberry Crescent Rolls

Do  you like quick and easy? I do no doubt!!! I love to make things from scratch but some times I just do not have the time. So, I thought this was a great recipe for when you want something delicious in a short amount of time.

I have been wanting to make these rolls for a while and decided to prepare them while I was cooking dinner last night. They are in the breakfast section of my magazine but I thought they would go well as a quick dessert.  You could use any filling for this recipe if you don't like Raspberry. It seems like I am always doing Cherry, Strawberry or Apple filling and thought I would give Raspberry a try. My daughter Makenzie love them and asked for seconds. I said no to the seconds but told her she could have one for breakfast and she did!!!










Printable Recipe
Quick Raspberry Cresecent Rolls
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  •  1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 (8 ounce) can regrigerated cresecent dinner roll dough
  • 1/4 cup raspberry cake/pie filling
  • 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
Powdered Sugar Glaze
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 1/4 tsp milk
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375

Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside

Unroll dough, and separate into 8 triangles. Spread fruit filling evenly over each triangle. Sprinkle triangles evenly with brown sugar and mixture and walnuts. Roll crescents according to package directions and pinch end of crescents to seal.

Place rolls, point side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.

While rolls bake, combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, stirring until smooth.  Remove rolls from oven. Remove from pan and cool slightly on a wire rack over wax paper. Drizzle glaze evenly over warm rolls.

*Reduced Fat Version* - use reduced fat crescent rolls and 1% milk.

3 comments:

Lissaloo said...

Quick, easy and Beautiful! I am definitely going to be giving these a try :)

Monica H said...

These would be greeat for breakfast. Since there's cinnamon and sugar in there, I'm thinking apple and peach would be tasty too!

Maybe pumpkin butter?

Ingrid said...

Your daughter has awesome taste! :) Love raspberry, too!

I wanna make this with cinnamon sugar and cream cheese (filling).
~ingrid

 
Blogging tips