Friday, October 30, 2009

Yummy Mummy Cupcakes

I found this recipe for Mummy cupcakes in one of my fall magazines. I knew the moment I saw them that I  would be making them for Halloween.  I decided to make them for Makenzie's class!! They will be super excited today to get cupcakes and cookies!!! Makenzie helped frost the cupcakes then I mummified them!!! They are so simple and easy!!!

The mummy was very YUMMY!!!














Yummy Mummy Cupcakes

  • 1 Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
  • 2 cans Betty Crocker Creamy White frosting ( you will have extra left over)
  • 1 tube black decorating gel
  • #44 Wilton tip
  • Decorating bag or ziploc bag
Mix/Bake cake according to directions on box. Cool.

Prepare your decorator bag/ziploc bag with coupler and tip and fill with white frosting. Frost cupcakes with a thin layer of white icing. Use decorator bag filled with icing to pipe mummy bandages across top of cupcake. Leave space for black eyes using black decorating gel.

1 cake mix makes 24 mummies.

3 comments:

Janice Willis said...

those look SCARY YUMMY!!! and M is so cute!!!

Chele said...

Too cute! Such a simple but effective idea - they look great!

Diane {createdbydiane.blogspot.com} said...

Very cute mummy cupcakes looks like we bake-a-like, I made lots of mummies for a bake sale at least 6 dozen.Glad I found your blog cute stuff!
Overfilling cake pan dilemma, always fill 2/3 full like cupcakes for them to crown but not rise too much (and then sometimes fall) is my only suggestion:)
Can't wait to read more!

 
Blogging tips