Thursday, November 12, 2009

PW's Comfort Meatballs


It is HERE!!! I OWN it!!!!





I received my copy in the mail last week of the newly released cookbook by Pioneer Woman. If you have not seen her website or read her stories you are missing out. She is funny, hilarious and heart warming and I am addicted to her blog/wesbsite. I enjoy reading about her four punks and Marlboro Man and their life on the ranch. You have to read her love story from Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. She is currently on her book tour. I am excited she will be in Austin in December 3rd. I cannot wait to meet her and have her sign my cookbook!

My first recipe to cook this past weekend was Comfort Meatballs.... mmmmm good! They tasted like mini meatloaf-balls!!! You could change up the sauce, use a BBQ sauce to give them a different flavor. It is a true comfort food. I made PW's mashed potatoes to go with (which I will post another day). 

I plan on cooking everything in this cookbook I cannot wait to try it ALL!!! Coming soon - PW's Chocolate Sheet Cake!!












PW's Comfort Meatballs
  • 1-½ pound Ground Beef
  • ¾ cups Oats
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 3 Tablespoons Very Finely Minced Onion
  • 1-½ teaspoon Salt
  • Plenty Of Ground Black Pepper (to Taste)
______________________________________

FOR COOKING MEATBALLS

1 cup All-Purpose Flour (coating For Frozen Meatballs)

Canola Oil

______________________________________

FOR SAUCE

  • 1 cup Ketchup
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons Vinegar
  • 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire
  • 4 Tablespoons (to 6 Tablespoons) Onion
  • 1 dash(es) Tabasco

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all meatball ingredients. Roll into medium-small balls and place on a cookie sheet. Place sheet in freezer for five minutes.

After 5 minutes, remove meatballs from freezer and immediately dredge in unseasoned flour.

Brown meatballs in canola oil until just brown. Place into a baking dish.

Combine all sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

4 comments:

Monica H said...

yummy! I love meatballs. I saw this book the other day but didn't get it. I'm waiting for my B&N coupon :-)

Mommas Soapbox said...

Looks great. I love her cream cheese stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos! mmmmmm mmmmmmmm mmmmmmm

Nice to meet (your blog) Bake-A-Holic.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Mommas!

Anonymous said...

quite interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter.

 
Blogging tips