Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sloppy Joe Casserole

Growing up one of the meals my Mom made was Sloppy Joe on a bun. When I married Michael he told me he did not like Sloopy Joe's so I have never made them.  I have been craving them for some crazy reason so when this recipe dropped into my email I knew I had to make it. I went to the store to get Mexi-corn and Sloppy Joe sauce because that is not something I usually have on hand in my pantry. The night I made it I quickly opened the can of sauce and hid it under something in the trash. I didn't want Michael to see what I was putting in it until he tried it. 

I served it up and he took a bite and said "wow, this is really good, what is in it" I said "Well, it has meat, green onions, mexi-corn and SLOPPY JOE SAUCE" He said "I knew there was something different about the sauce" but there was no going back he had already said he liked it!!! So, long story short I know carry sloppy joe sauce and mexi-corn in my pantry!!!

I made it and ate it so quickly I forgot to get my own pictures but I promise the picture below looks just like mine!!




Sloppy Joe Casserole
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions 
  • 1 (15.5-oz.) can sloppy joe sandwich sauce
  • 1 (11-oz.) can Green Giant® Mexicorn® Whole Kernel Corn, Red and Green Peppers, undrained 
  • 1 (6-oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands!® Jr. Golden Layers® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits


    Heat oven to 375°F. In large skillet, brown ground beef with onions; drain. Stir in sandwich sauce and corn. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.

    Spoon mixture into ungreased 1 to 1 1/2-quart casserole. Separate dough into 5 biscuits; cut each in half. Arrange, cut side down, around outside edge of hot mixture with sides of biscuits touching.

    Bake at 375°F. for 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown.



No comments:

 
Blogging tips