Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Cookies

I took off work this past Friday to get alot of things done before we headed to Waco for a weekend full of fun! One of the things on my to do list was to get my cookies decorated!!! I love making and decorating cookies but it so much work to get the icing made, colored and bagged but once you do it is a alot of fun!!! This was my first set of Christmas cookies and I think they turned out really cute and the cookie was so soft and yummy! I personalized two of the Santa hats for my parents!!!

I used the Wilton decorating gel in the tube and it worked great to write the names but the only problem with that is that it does not dry. It gets tacky but does not dry where you can put it in a bag. Do you have any writing tips? I don't like to use Royal Icing because my writing never turns out very good? What do you use?

Has anyone ever used the Wilton piping gel for names? Is there anything you can put over it to make it hard where you can put it in a cute bag and tie a ribbon?












2 comments:

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Monica H said...

pretty cookies. I have no tips on writing names since I've never done that before.

 
Blogging tips