Monday, December 28, 2009

Saltine Toffee Bars

Well........... I have seen them here and here and a few weekends ago at a Christmas get together I walked in the kitchen and saw them sitting on the dessert table!! So during the gift exchange I had a plate of them!!! Oh, they are so addicting and so delicious. They are perfect to make for a get together!!! The recipes I have seen vary. I emailed Aunt Holly to get her recipe since she is responsible for my newest addiction!!!











Saltine Toffee Bars

  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • Saltine Crackers
  • Chopped Nuts (optional)
  • Hershey Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Bake at 350.

Line baking sheet with foil or grease with butter/spray

Line crackers in baking sheet. Melt butter and brown sugar over medium-heat bring to boil. Pour mixture over saltine crackers and bake at 350 for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and drop chocolate chips on top of crackers. Spread the melted chips over crackers. Sprinkle nuts on top. Refrigerate until firm. Remove from refrigerator and break apart!

ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

Monica H said...

I've never made them with saltines, but I make a version with graham crackers. so good.

Loren said...

I guess I know what I'm baking today...YUM!! Thanks for sharing the recipe I've been meaning to Google it for a while now but have been forgetting. Love your Valentine's Day cookies too!
:o)

 
Blogging tips